Torque and Stator Flux Ripples Minimization for Direct Torque Control of PMSM by using Space Vector Modulation
AbstractThis paper presents a Direct Torque Control (DTC) strategy for the Permanent Magnets Synchronous Machine (PMSM). The principle relies on a Space Vector Modulation (SVM) technique that uses hysteresis comparators for the determination of the voltage module and angle, the proposed control method is simple to implement. It allows reducing the fluctuations level of the torque and the flux in low speed conditions. Contrary to the classical DTC technique, the proposed approach is able to handle and to control the switching frequency even for driving the motor with a low speed as a reference. Simulations results were obtained and allowed demonstrating better performance of this command especially in the behavior of the couple and the flux.
2. I.Takahashi, Y. Ohmori, “High performance direct torque control of an induction motors,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Application, Vol. 25, No. 2, March/April 1989, p. 257-264.
3. Y.S. Lai, W.K., Wang, Y.C. Chen, ”Novel switching techniques for reducing the speed ripple of AC drives with Direct Torque Control,” IEEE Transactions on. Industrial Electronics , Vol. 51, No. 4, August 2004, p. 768-775.
4. C. Lascu, I.Boldea, F. Blaabjerg, “A modified direct torque control for induction motors sensorless drive,” IEEE Transactions on Industry Application , Vol. 36, No. 1, January/February 2000, p. 112-130.
5. M. Bertoluzzo, G. Buja, R. Menis, “ Direct torque control of an induction motor using a single current sensor,” IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics , Vol. 55, No. 3, June 2006, p. 778-784.
6. D. Casadei, G. Serra, A. Tani, L. Zarri, “ Assessment of direct torque control for induction motor drives,” Bulletin of the polish academy of sciences technical sciences , Vol. 54, No. 3, p. 237-254.
7. L. Zhono, M.F. Rahman, , W.Y Hu, K.W. Lin, “Analysis of direct torque control in permanent magnet synchronous motor drivers,” IEEE Transactions on Power Electronic, Vol. 12, p. 528-536.
8. Y.A. Chapuis, D. Roye, J. Davoine, “Principles and implementation of direct torque control by stator flux orientation of an induction motor,” Proceedings of the conference Applied Power Electron APEC’95, March5-9, 1995, Dallas, Vol. 1, p. 185-191.
9. P. Vas, “Sensorless vector and direct torque control,” Oxford University press, UK, 1998.
10. J. Kang, , S. Sul,” Torque ripples minimization strategy for Direct Torque Control of induction motor,” 33rd Annual Meeting, Industrial Applications conference, IEEE, October12-15, 1998, St Louis, USA, Vol. 1, p. 438-443.
11. A. Ameur, B. Mokhtari, N. Essounbouli, L. Mokrani, “ Speed sensorless direct torque control of PMSM drive using Space Vector Modulation based MRAS and stator resistance estimator,” International Science Index, Electrical and computer Engineering , Vol. 6, No. 6, 2012, p.774-779.
12. Y. P. Liu, “Space vector modulated direct torque control for PMSM based on ADRC,” Electric Power Automation Equipment (2011), Vol. 31, No. 11, p. 78–82.
13. A. Miloudi, E.A.Alradadi, A. Draou, “ A new control of Direct Torque fuzzy control of a PWM inverter fed induction motor drive ,” IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics , Vol.3, July 9-13, 2016, p. 2535-2540, Montreal.
14. O. Ouledali, A. Meroufel, , P. Wira, , S. Bentouba,” Direct torque fuzzy control of PMSM based on SVM,” Energy Procedia, Vol. 74, August 2015, pp. 1314-1322.
15. Y. Djeriri, A. Meroufel, A. Massoum, “Artificial neural network based direct torque control of doubly fed induction generator,” Journal of electrical Engineering (), Vol.14, Edition 2, 2014.
16. A. Siadatan, S. Sadeghbayan, E. Afjei, ’’A Review on DTC-SVM Method with Back-to-Back Converter Connected to the Permanent Magnet Generator and Comparison with DTC in the Matrix Converter’’, Majlesi Journal of Electrical, Vol. 11, No. 3 ,2017.